Hermit Shuttle Package
What is the Hermit Shuttle Package?
We are often asked what we recommend for an optimal Grand Canyon biking experience and this is our answer: the Hermit Road Package! First off, this is NOT the Hermit Road tour. It is a rental/shuttle combo. The Hermit Road route offers stunning river views; beautiful roads shared only with NPS buses/special need vehicles; and stunning rim side greenways. This option allows you to see the best of the Hermit Road ride without excessive physical exertion. The Hermit Road package includes:
- A two hour bike rental with helmet.
- Round trip bike shuttle ride with drop off at Hopi Point and pickup from Hermits Rest
- Shuttle departs from bike shop and transports riders past the busy village area and steep inclines of Hermit Road to begin bike ride at Hopi Point. Riders must arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure for bike fitting and safety talk.
- Total mileage of ride from Hopi Point to Hermit’s Rest is 5.5 miles of mostly downhill and flat riding with a couple of minor uphill sections.
- Returning shuttle ride departs from the “end of the road” Hermit’s Rest stop and returns to the bike shop at the end of your ride.
- Ideal for people who prefer less physical excursion, families with small children and park visitors looking for the best views of the Colorado river and Canyon.
- Reservations available for departure March 5th – September 4th at 9 am and 12 pm (arrive 30 minutes earlier)
- Winter Reservations are not available on this route.
Adult: $34 +tax (26″ bikes)
Child: $25 + tax (20″ & 24″ bikes)
(includes 2 hour bike rental, round trip shuttle ride and helmet)
Can We Shuttle Bikers Who Don’t Rent from Us?
No. We are authorized only to shuttle customers who have rented a bike from us and purchased the Hermit Road Package.