Hermit Shuttle Package
Shuttle service closed for winter. Book for spring 2019 now!
What is the Hermit Shuttle Package?
We are often asked what we recommend for an optimal Grand Canyon biking experience and this is our answer: the Hermit Road Package! First off, this is NOT the Hermit Road Tour. It is a rental/shuttle combo. The Hermit Road offers stunning river views, beautiful roads shared only with NPS buses/special need vehicles, and stunning rimside paved greenways. This option allows you to see the best of the Hermit Road ride without excessive physical exertion. The Hermit Road package includes:
- A bike rental with helmet.
- Round trip bike shuttle ride with drop off at Hopi Point and pickup from Hermit's Rest
- Shuttle departs from bike shop and transports riders past the busy village area and steep inclines of Hermit Road to begin bike ride at Hopi Point. Riders must arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure for bike fitting and safety talk.
- Total mileage of ride from Hopi Point to Hermit's Rest is 5.5 miles of mostly downhill and flat riding with a couple of minor uphill sections.
- Returning shuttle ride departs from the "end of the road" Hermit's Rest stop and returns to the bike shop at the end of your ride.
- Ideal for people who prefer a less physical excursion, families with small children and park visitors looking for the best views of the Colorado river and Canyon.
- Reservations available for departure March 8th through October 27th (arrive 30 minutes prior to departure)
- Winter reservations are not available on this route.
Adult: $35.50 +tax (26" bikes)
Child: $26.50 + tax (20" & 24" bikes)
(includes 2 hour bike rental, round trip shuttle ride and helmet)
Can We Shuttle Bikers Who Don't Rent from Us?
No. We are authorized only to shuttle customers who have rented a bike from us and purchased the Hermit Road Package.