Hermit Shuttle Package
What is the Hermit Shuttle Package?
We are often asked what we recommend for an optimal Grand Canyon biking experience and this is our answer: the Hermit Road Package! First off, this is NOT the Hermit Road Tour. It is a rental/shuttle combo. The Hermit Road offers stunning river views, beautiful roads shared only with NPS buses/special need vehicles and stunning rimside paved greenways. This option allows you to see the best of the Hermit Road without excessive physical exertion. The Hermit Road package includes:
- A 2 hour bike rental with helmet.
- Round trip bike shuttle van ride with drop off at Hopi Point and pickup from Hermit's Rest.
- The shuttle van departs from our bike shop and transports riders past the busy village area and steep inclines of Hermit Road to begin the bike ride at Hopi Point. Riders must arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure for bike fitting, safety talk and loading onto the van.
- Total mileage of riding from Hopi Point to Hermit's Rest is 5.5 miles of mostly downhill and flat riding with a couple of minor uphill sections.
- Returning shuttle ride departs from the "end of the road" Hermit's Rest stop and returns to our bike shop to conclude your shuttle package.
- This ride is ideal for people who prefer a less physical excursion, families with small children and park visitors looking for the best views of the Colorado River and Grand Canyon.
- Reservations are available for departure from March 8th through October 27th, 2019. Remember to arrive 30 minutes prior to departure!
- This shuttle package is not available during the winter.
Adult: $35.50 +tax (26" bikes)
Child: $26.50 + tax (20" & 24" bikes)
(includes 2 hour bike rental, round trip shuttle ride and helmet)
Can We Shuttle Bikers Who Don't Rent from Us?
No. We are authorized only to shuttle customers who have rented a bike from us and purchased the Hermit Road Package.