Join the Bright Angel Bicycles
Hiring Bike Mechanic!
POSITION: Bicycle Mechanic
TIME/WAGE: Full Time. $20-$25 doe + tips (avg $5-$8/hr)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
HOUSING: Provided if Needed
Bicycle Mechanic Responsibilities: The Bicycle Mechanic will be responsible for repairing and maintaining the rental bicycle and ebike fleet for a high volume shop on the South Rim
of Grand Canyon National Park. The mechanic will work in a fast-paced environment, and will need to be able to diagnose and repair a variety of bicycle types and models, maintain
inventory stock related to bicycle repair operations, and keep detailed service logs for fleet maintenance and repairs.
Inspect and diagnose problems with fleet bicycles, ebikes, and trailers/tag-alongs. Perform repairs and routine maintenance to keep rental fleet safe and functional. Provide repair estimates and timeframes for private bicycles. Source, order and receive inventory required to maintain rental fleet and complete customer repairs.
Maintain electronic service records for rental fleet documenting all maintenance and repairs.Keep a clean and organized work area. Assist in training rental staff in basic bicycle adjustments and repairs
Preferred 2+ years of shop experience and/or UBI certification. Be an upbeat, positive team member ready to cooperate with a diverse workforce. Be a self initiated learner and proactive in identifying and completing tasks. Commitment to workplace safety and following established procedures and protocols.Commitment to implementing environmental protection practices both on the job
and off. Minimum ‘basic knowledge of bicycle repair. Be able to lift 30lbs.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/SPECIAL TRAINING AFTER HIRE:
Completion of BAB annual training course.
Completion of Bosch ebike diagnosis and maintenance course.
CPR and First Aid certifications (a plus if already trained).
Why Work Here?
Energetic vibe, epic location, and a chance to form life long friendships and check off many bucket list adventures in the area on your days off! Challenges? It’s true that living and working at Grand Canyon has it’s challenges but there are definite benefits to spending a season (or more) working with us.
- Our employee housing is very affordable and our wages are competitive, so spending a season working with us can be a great way to save money!
- We have a shared tip pool and between the cafe and bike shop your hourly wages can be impressive in the busy summer months
- You have easy access to one of the world’s seven natural wonders, and if you’re into hiking or photography it’s a golden opportunity to rack up an incredible portfolio of experiences and photos
- You’ll make new friendships that last a lifetime… living with your coworkers can have it’s challenges but if you see it as an opportunity to get to know new people and make new friends. The Grand Canyon community as a whole is very tight knit because it’s so small, so you’ll meet people outside of our company too!
- You have the opportunity to really make a difference in people’s vacations and ultimately their life. Many people save for years to do a trip to the Grand Canyon, and your warm smile, friendly advice and passion for the area can truly affect the way they feel about their experience.
Living at Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon is a beautiful and worthwhile place to work and live but it does come with it’s challenges due to it’s location. Most of our employees either live at Grand Canyon or Tusayan (the town immediately outside it’s gates) or commute from Flagstaff or Williams. While working for us we will provide accommodation for a number of our employees. You must be able to cooperate well with roommates and be willing to contribute to a peaceful, clean, respectful environment that you share with your coworkers. Background checks are conducted on all participants.
Apply with Us
We always recommend reservations whenever possible. Walk-up availability is on a first-come-first-serve basis and is on a weather-dependent basis in the winter months.
Bright Angel Bicycles LLC
10 S. Entrance Road
Grand Canyon, AZ, 86023
Bright Angel Bicycles & Cafe at Mather Point is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service, Dept. of the Interior. All prices and services are regulated by NPS.