Yes, we are open!
Our bike rentals and cafe facilities are both open. Yaki tours are also running. The Hermit tour and Hermit road shuttle package are both unavailable for the remainder of the 2020 season due to concerns about Covid risk increasing while transporting our customers by shuttle. You can still rent a bicycle and access the Hermit ride by bike. See the “Yellow Bike Ride” on our map.
What’s open at Grand Canyon?
We will keep this page updated with announcements about our own facility. For generalized Grand Canyon info please visit Grand Canyon National Park info in relation to closures and reopening.
Bike rentals: Open daily 8am – 5pm
Cafe: Open daily 8am- 5pm
Our Safety Procedures:
Your safety and the safety of our staff is our number one priority. Our operations will be running a little differently in response to minimizing the potential spread of Covid-19. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we adjust to this new way of doing business. We are taking the following steps to operate as safe as possible:
- MASKS ARE MANDATORY TO BE WORN IN PUBLIC PLACES IN THE PARK!!
WE REQUIRE MASKS TO BE WORN WHILE BEING FIT TO OUR RENTAL BIKES & INSIDE THE CAFE.
- We are limiting the occupancy of the Mather Pt Café to allow for 6’ social distancing guidelines and will be admitting visitors on a “one out one in” basis. A total of 10 people will be allowed into the cafe at one time.
- Routes for foot traffic through the Mather Pt Café and queue markers have been placed to help ensure proper social distancing guidelines
- The outside line area has been marked with social distancing stickers
- A doorkeeper is scheduled during the busy times to enforce the occupancy guidelines established for the cafe sales floor as well as admitting customers who are wearing masks
- All staff are wearing masks and we encourage visitors to do the same
- We are only taking credit/debit and Apple/Android Pay at our registers. Cash will be accepted if it is all that you have to pay with.
- All cashier stands have been fit with protective plexiglass “shields”. All POS screens have been wrapped in protective film to be wiped down frequently
- A sanitize schedule has been developed to sanitize all hard surface areas as well as high traffic areas once per hour
- All employees are subjected to a “pre shift symptom screening” before they start their shift.
Bike Rentals & Tours:
- Social distancing measures: Outside – safety stickers will be placed at 6′ intervals help guide the questions line into the store. Inside – We will only allow one person from the party to enter into the bike side sales area. All sales will be completed inside. Liability waivers will be signed via mini iPad outside.
Social distancing while on tour – BAB staff will require all riders to stay 6′ apart on tour by requiring an arms width approach during the interpretive talks and at all viewpoints. (Family groups will be allowed to interact at a closer proximity to each other.)
- All bike staff members will be required to wear face masks. We will not require bike riders(customers) to wear mask while riding bicycles. It is recommend to wear a mask at all stops and viewpoints.
- Bike shuttle: At this time we will not be operating the Hermit road shuttle OR the Hermit road tour. This service is delayed until July 1st.
- Reduced number of riders on the tour. Exception of large group family trips. Yaki tour will have 10 people. Hermit tour/shuttle will operate with 8 riders, once allowed to operate.
- Bike rental returns will be sprayed or wiped down and allowed to dry in the sun. The same process will happen for all rental helmets.
We are looking forward to serving you and working to make your Grand Canyon experience a memorable one. That said we encourage ALL of our Visitors to Respect each others varying levels of concern regarding the Pandemic. Please follow the Social distancing guidelines! It is for the betterment of the entire visiting public!!
Patience Please! Also, as we get back into the roll of things, our staff will be asked to begin assisting you in new ways. (doorkeeper). We ask for patience that will be required as we work with the new protocols to keep you and us safe.
Thank you in advance. Now, have fun Riding the Rim!!
Anybody who has to cancel bike rentals or tours for reasons related to Coronovirus will be fully refunded. Cancellations for any other reason will be fully refunded less a 5% non refundable booking fee.
Stay safe and healthy out there, and of course if you or someone you live with is part of the “at risk” population, we strongly discourage traveling or unnecessary exposure to public areas at this time. More info here.