We will keep this page updated with announcements about opening. For generalized Park info please visit Grand Canyon National Park info in relation to closures and reopening.
Now Open For The Season!
In conjunction with the NPS’ phased reopening of Grand Canyon, Bright Angel Bicycles is pleased to announce that we will be reopening for limited services beginning May 29th. In order to limit the flow of traffic, the Park’s gates WILL ONLY BE OPEN DURING CERTAIN WINDOWS OF TIME. PLEASE VISIT THE PARK SITE FOR THESE UPDATES. From May 29th to June 4th the park entrance gates will only be open from 4am to 2pm. Beginning on June 5th the gates will be open ALL day 7 days a week.
We will keep this page updated as soon as we have any further information about future opening dates. We are committed to keeping visitors and employees safe.
Bicycle rentals will be available 8am to 6pm and offer:
- Bicycle Rentals
- Bicycle Trailer and Tag-along Rentals
- Wheelchair Rentals
- Stroller Rentals
- NO tours at this time. Hermit tour to reopen July 1st. Yaki tour will be open soon, we are awaiting details from NPS
- NO Bike shuttle service at this time. Anticipated reopen will follow the July 1st timeline
The Mather Pt Café will be open from 7am to 6pm and offer:
- Grab-and-Go sandwiches, Salads, and Wraps
- Coffee and Espresso Drinks
- Snacks and Bottled Drinks
- Biking and Hiking Accessories
- Clothing and Souvenirs
Your safety and the safety of our staff is our number one priority. Our operations will be running a little differently in response to minimizing the potential spread of Covid-19. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we adjust to this new way of doing business. We are taking the following steps to operate safely:
- We are limiting the occupancy of the Mather Pt Café to allow for 6’ social distancing guidelines and will be admitting visitors on a “one out one in” basis
- For group bicycle rentals we ask that only one member come in to arrange the bicycle rentals and the rest of the group wait outside to be fitted to bicycles
- Routes for foot traffic through the Mather Pt Café and queue markers have been placed to help ensure proper social distancing guidelines
- All staff are wearing masks and we encourage visitors to do the same
- We are only taking credit/debit and Apple/Android Pay at our registers
- All rental equipment is sanitized with an alcohol solution and rotated out to be fully dried in the sun upon return
- We are not offering guided tours or bicycle shuttles presently
Bike Rentals & Tours:
- Social distancing measures: Outside – safety stickers will be placed at 6′ intervals help guide the questions line into the store. Inside – We will only allow one person from the party to enter into the bike side sales area. All sales will be completed inside. Liability waivers will be signed via mini iPad outside.
Social distancing while on tour – BAB staff will require all riders to stay 6′ apart on tour by requiring an arms width approach during the interpretive talks and at all viewpoints. (Family groups will be allowed to interact at a closer proximity to each other.)
- All bike staff members will be required to wear face masks. We will not require bike riders(customers) to wear mask while riding bicycles. It is recommend to wear a mask at all stops and viewpoints.
- Bike shuttle: At this time we will not be operating the Hermit road shuttle OR the Hermit road tour. This service is delayed until July 1st.
- Reduced number of riders on the tour. Exception of large group family trips. At this time ALL tours are delayed until further notice.
- Bike rental returns will be sprayed or wiped down and allowed to dry in the sun. The same process will happen for all rental helmets.
We are looking forward to serving you again and working to make your Grand Canyon experience a memorable one. That said we encourage ALL of our Visitors to Respect each others varying levels of concern regarding the Pandemic. Please follow the Social distancing guidelines! It is for the betterment of the entire visiting public!!
Patience Please! Also, as we get back into the roll of things, our staff will be asked to begin assisting you in new ways. (doorkeeper). We ask for patience that will be required as we work with the new protocols to keep you and us safe.
Thank you in advance. Now, have fun Riding the Rim!!
Anybody who has to cancel bike rentals or tours for reasons related to Coronovirus will be fully refunded. Cancellations for any other reason will be fully refunded less a 5% non refundable booking fee.
Stay safe and healthy out there, and of course if you or someone you live with is part of the “at risk” population, we strongly discourage traveling or unnecessary exposure to public areas at this time. More info here.