Grand Canyon eBike Rentals
- eBikes are available for both walk up and online reservations.
- A major credit must be used for walk-up reservations as a security deposit is held.
- eBikes are not currently allowed on tours, so they cannot be reserved on our tours.
- eBikes cannot have any attachments added to them because of their electric mechanisms and thus cannot not be used with tandem trailers or tagalongs.
Go further and have more fun on a bike at Grand Canyon! We offer Class 1 eBikes, ( Electra Townie) that are also known as “pedal assist”. A pedal assist eBike it is a win, win. You continue to get the same thrill of riding a traditional bike combined with extra power in the pedals to help up the hills!
Average battery range is 30-40 miles depending on the use of power assist setting choice. Each bike has 4 power assist modes. Operating the bicycle in the higher levels will use up the battery life faster and could result in a empty battery. If your bike runs out of battery power prior to returning to our shop, you can continue to pedal the bike manually.
eBikes Make & Models Available:
- Electra Townie 8d Go!
- Electra Townie 5d Go!
- Small/ Medium sized bikes (17″ Step thru frames which fit 5’0″-5’9″ heights)
- Large sized bikes (19″ frames which fit 5’10”-6’3″ heights).
- NO YOUTH sized frames are available. The youngest age riders allowed to rent will be 12 years old IF the person is a minimum of 5’0″ tall & is a proficient rider. We will conduct quick safety test ride before the rider departs to determine proficiency on the eBike Any rider unable to safely test ride will not be allowed to rent the eBikes.
- NO TRAILERS: We will NOT attach any child trailers or tag- along equipment to the eBikes.
- NOT AVAILABLE ON TOURS: The NPS has not yet authorized us to use eBikes on group tours.
Gallery of Rides / Electric Bikes at Grand Canyon:
We always recommend reservations whenever possible. Walk-up availability is on a first-come-first-serve basis and is on a weather-dependent basis in the winter months.
Bright Angel Bicycles LLC
10 S. Entrance Road
Grand Canyon, AZ, 86023
Bright Angel Bicycles & Cafe at Mather Point is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service, Dept. of the Interior. All prices and services are regulated by NPS.