Hermit Road Shuttle Package
We are often asked what we recommend for an optimal Grand Canyon biking experience and this is our answer: the Hermit Road Package!
First off, this is NOT the same thing as the Hermit Road Tour although it follows the same route. It IS a rental/shuttle combo without the guided tour component. The Hermit Road offers stunning river views, beautiful roads shared only with NPS buses/special need vehicles and stunning rim side paved greenways. This shuttle option allows you to see the best of the Hermit Road without excessive physical exertion and skipping the long uphill climb from the village to Hopi Point. NOTE* Children are permitted on the bike tours. We charge by height. Any youth or child over 5 feet tall will be considered an adult price.
The Hermit Road package includes:
- A 2 hour bike rental with helmet.
- Round trip bike shuttle van ride with drop off at Hopi Point and pickup from Hermit's Rest making the total riding distance under 6 miles.
- Schedule 2022: 1 departure per day.
AM shuttle: 8AM for bike fitting & safety talk. Shuttle departs at 8:30
- eBikes will NOT be allowed to be placed on the Shuttle
- Adult: $41 +tax 5' & up
- Child: $31.50 + tax 4'11" & under
(includes 2 hour bike rental, round trip shuttle ride and helmet)
- Cancellations prior to 24 hours = 95% refund
- Cancellations inside 24 hours = 0% refund
- Weather cancellations = 95% refund
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can We Shuttle Bikers Who Don't Rent from Us?
No. We are authorized only to shuttle customers who have rented a bike from us and purchased the Hermit Road Package.
Can You Use NPS Park Buses to Shuttle Our Bikes?
Yes! You can rent our bikes (or bring your own) and use the NPS Bus Shuttle system for free. Click here for more info.
- NPS Buses come every 15 minutes (approximately)
- NPS Shuttle buses are free once you've paid your Park Entrance Fee
- Each bus holds a maximum of 3 bicycles at a time (but not tag alongs, baby trailers, or children's bicycles)
- Riders must load and unload their bicycles
Can you do the Hermit Road Route without using a shuttle service?
Yes! It would be a 21 mile round trip, with a couple of areas of challenging uphill riding lasting approx. 1-2 miles in distance. Of course, that would all be downhill on your way home. As mentioned in the last question, you can always get on an NPS bus if you run out of steam, but remember there are only 3 bike spots on each, so larger parties would need to split up to utilize this option. If you would like to reference this ride using our map (click here), it's the "Yellow Route".